Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bringing you up to date!

So I haven't posted in a while, but I had to get you updated on what I've been up to over here. Valentines Day was a blast! Micaela was sent home from school and ALL of the kids were sick with one thing or another; Conjunctivitis, ear infections, chest congestion... you get the picture. Through it all the kids have been troopers and morale has been pretty high. :)

I did score some great deals for the kids at Old Navy--and I found a super cute pair of knee socks for one of the girls in coral and fuscia stripes for that I adore! See? I'm pretty easy to please...

On to the most important of things: I nabbed some LUSCIOUS fabrics this weekend that are absolutely yummy! Of course they're not for me really, I'm going to try my hand at making the kids some coordinating easter dresses this year. The scary part is that I have NO IDEA what I'm doing with the fabrics yet but I have a few patterns that I'm hoping to merge together to get a euro look that will make for some cute photos. Anyhow, I have a trio of colors I'm working with: orange, pink and green--pretty out there I know. I figured that the kids can wear them first for Easter but the colors will be appropriate for them to wear all summer. No bunnies, chickies or eggs here. ;)

Oh, and I got a new shelf to help me out in my fabric organizing process too! Now I just have to put it together! Hopefully this will make it easier for me to get at my stash! Right now everything is in clear totes but it's still not THAT easy to get to everything, you know? Well, I'll keep you updated on that project... it's off to breakfast with the munchkins for now!

No comments: