Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Special Delivery!

I was so excited yesterday when I opened the mailbox to find my first issue of Ottobre Design magazine. I wasn't sure how I'd like the magazine and didn't know if I wanted to shell out $80 smacks for a subscription so I ordered a back issue from banberry place and I must say, I am thrilled! The clothes are lovely! The directions are great, the sizing is perfect for my girls and I couldn't be any happier. I can't wait to get my sewing nook back up and running--I have some fabric that I plan on using to make matching pants for all my girls already. And I am chomping at the bit to get to the fabric store and pick up some white eyelet cotton for some underskirts and I think I'm going to snag a cutesy floral and (crossing my fingers) try my hand at some Easter dresses for the girls. Not much time for all that so I had better get cracking!

The only thing I'm nervous about is tracing the patterns out to cut them as they're printed a'la European style. I think it will take a while to get used to the fact that they print all the pattern pieces on top of each other, but I'm thankful that they're color coded at least!

No comments: