Saturday, May 17, 2008

Diligence

I am trying to be diligent now that I've shared my wight loss success with you. You see, after I posted that up here, I went to a banquet where I was encouraged to gorge myself with all sorts of tasty foods. And cake. The next morning I took the kids to a fundraiser where I was encouraged to buy at the bake sale, have a hot dog and enjoy a free ice cream cone... I declined on the ice cream. I then went to a great birthday party where I was greeted with barbecued pork and more FANTASTIC food! Including the cake with light and fluffy whipped frosting. After THAT party I had to go to my SIL's greaduation party. More grilled food. More baked beans. More cake. And to top it all off, I got home and now I'm starving!! I had a small bowl of rice chex and a tall glass of water. I'm waiting for the water to kick in.
Today I learned a great lesson in self control: I lack it. I did indeed hold myself back, but not as much as I would have liked to. Well, there's always tomorrow. I have a rigorous power-walk scheduled... ;)

No comments: